Bodybuilding Turkey Chili
Here is an amazing recipe we recently tried from The Protein Chef
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious chili that doesn’t take all day to make then you’re going to love this Quick Bodybuilding Turkey Chili recipe!
Here is the recipe:
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1.3 Pounds (20.8 Ounces) 93/7 Lean Ground Turkey (or Lean Ground Beef)
• 2 Cups (16 Ounces) Water
• 1/2 Red Onion
• 1 Red Bell Pepper
• 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic (or 3 Cloves Regular)
• 6 Tablespoons (90g) Diced Green Chiles
• 28 Ounces (794g) Crushed Tomatoes
• 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
• 15 Ounces (425g) Reduced Sodium Black Beans
• 16 Ounces (454g) Reduced Sodium Dark Red Kidney Beans
• 1 Packet (1.25 Ounces/35g) Chili Seasoning Mix (Lowest sodium one you can find)
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
• Calories: 2317
• Fat: 69g
• Saturated Fat: 16g
• Sodium: 3646mg
• Carbs: 245g
• Fiber: 55g
• Sugar: 68g
• Protein: 179g
Calories in each bowl (if you make 10):
• Calories: 231
• Fat: 6.9g
• Saturated Fat: 1.6g
• Sodium: 364.6mg
• Carbs: 24.5g
• Fiber: 5.5g
• Sugar: 6.8g
• Protein: 17.9g
Take out a large stove top pan, turn your burner on Medium Heat, add in your Olive Oil, and then let that heat up. Once your pan heats up add in your Lean Ground Turkey and brown it (which just means to cook it). After your Lean Ground Turkey has browned add in the rest of your ingredients (make sure to chop up your Red Onion and Red Bell Pepper) while occasionally mixing everything together. Bring your chili to a boil, cover your chili, turn your burner on Low Heat, and then let your chili simmer for 30:00-35:00.
• Top your chili with some sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, or anything else you can think of!
• Whether or not you want to drain it is completely up to you! Animal fat is HEALTHY and since we are using lean ground turkey there isn’t going to be much there anyways!
• Add in some Sriracha if you want it spicy!
Let us know in the comments if you have tried this one , and what you thought of it! If you would like to submit your own recipe you can contact us at email@example.com