Sweet Glazed Salmon Recipe
Here is a delicious recipe we picked up at Fit men Cook
Ingredients for 5 servings (filets):
2lb raw, wild salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave)
- pinch of pepper
- red pepper flakes
- coarse sea salt if desired
- Add first olive oil, garlic and red onion to a nonstick skillet set on medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the onion has turned brown and somewhat translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic or the onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Stir and bring the sauce to a light simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, then reduce the heat. Allow it to cook in the skillet for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, then pour the marinade into a bowl to cool and thicken.
- Once the marinade has cooled, add the filets and half of the marinade to a bowl or sealable plastic bag. Coat the salmon filets in the marinade and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Set the oven to 420F (216C).
- Add the marinated filets to a baking sheet or baking rack.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the filets from the oven and brush/coat with the remaining glaze. Enjoy immediately, or allow the filets to cool before storing them in the fridge or freezer for your meal prep. This pairs beautifully with my tangy citrus quinoa salad recipe.
Let us know in the comments if you have tried this one , and what you thought of it! If you would like to submit your own recipe you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org